Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Overview of Morgan Ministries

Morgan Ministries is a mission based organization with two convicted purposes. To encourage our neighbor and expand His Coming Kingdom. Each one carries much responsibility and Biblical mandate. I am finding just about every person comes to some sort of "summery" or puts the Bible in it's simplest phrase. This summery fits what I REALLY want to see Morgan Ministries become. My interpretation of the Bible reflects these two missions. Jesus said to us, Love The Lord God First With Everything we are. The second, love our neighbor as we love ourselves. This is what/how Morgan Ministries is called to serve The King of Kings.


The above paragraph is a "snap shot" at the broadest point of Morgan Ministries. *(for the rest of this article I will refer Morgan Ministries as M-M)* M-M will use The Two Greatest Commandments told by Jesus Himself as our direction/guide. How we do that in detail is yet to be determined.

We are wanting to fill our schedule with speaking engagements. Lisa and I both have stories to be told. Let me give you a small taste.

Have you meet anyone or ever even read about a person who hated his dad so much he would legally change his born/sire name? When I was 20 years old I was SO angry I changed my legal name from Jeffrey Lee Johnson to Jeffrey Joesph Morgan. Hate, anger, malice and even revenge (or so I thought) was the ONLY feelings I had for many years. During those years I filled myself with anything and anyone that would numb my pain.

Early in that time I tried to run from everything. I cared only to survive. So many times would I have giving my life for any cause. My survival was only prolonged by His Grace. That's much easier said today than then. Booze, drugs and women did numb me for awhile but never for any length of time.

After Lisa and I had been married for a few years and Jalissa and Caleb were young I received a phone call. The call was from a women I had been with years before in Florida. She said she had a son that was mine. After being freshly out of a 30 day in patient treatment center for drugs and alcohol I was troubled again. After some DNA testing, it was confirmed, this boy child was mine.

Well like I said, this is only a taste. There is so much more that both Lisa and I have to tell! The bottom line is......... Only a God of Grace and Love could take two things so broken, so cursed by the sins of pasts and make whole again. Today, we have 9 children. 9 wonderful and beautiful children who I believe have something Lisa and I never had. Confidence. Real confidence that can only come from Jesus Christ.

Morgan Ministries (M-M) has more to offer than just the normal ministries. Our broad backgrounds in life can and will bring healing for many. Like Paul, we did not walk with our Lord on earth BUT He allowed us this personal experience of darkness so we could help shed light for others.

If anyone desires a "guest speaker" for any group, we (M-M) would love the opportunity. We only want and desire our stories to be an encouragement to our brothers and sisters. And, if possible, a invitation to the one who does not know The Lord Jesus. This is again the premise of the entire mission of M-M.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment